Friday, August 15, 2008

Brain clutter

I had a few random thoughts I wanted to share, but they have nothing to do with each other...

Today I played my music on my new cell phone as I shopped in Wal-Mart with Josiah & Katie-Abigail. I played that Jack Johnson so that anyone in about atwo feet radius of me could hear it. The kids loved it! I danced in the paper towels aisle with Josiah and sang along with Katie-Abigail. I never really thought I'd be doing something like that, but it was such a bright spot in this week.

Today I also bought a 2 DVD set with "Remains of the Day" and "Sense and Sensability" that seems like a rather odd pairing "Howards End" would have gone better with "Remains of the Day" but in any case I really like "Sense and Sensability" (with Emma Thompson) so I bought it. I rented "The Jane Austen Book Club" this week and that put me in mind of how deeply those books have affected who I have become. "The Jane Austen Book Club" was a very satisfying chick flick, I thought. It ended right at every point.

The other day when I was washing through the weeks worth of dishes I'd let pile up I found a hugely overbaked, dry, week-old waffle from the time I made waffles for K-A's B-day. Eeeew!!

No comments: